Hiking is the second most popular Canyon recreational activity. Currently, four formal Canyon trails trailhead at the Savoy location and include (click for system trail map):
- Spearfish Falls Trail to Spearfish Falls, the 3/4-mile, gradual slope, gravel tread. (click for trail description)
- Roughlock Trail to Roughlock Falls, 1-mile, handicapped accessible. (click for trail description)
- '76 Trail to north rim at Buzzard's Roost, 3/4-mile, very steep slope, natural tread. (click for trail description)
- Botanical Gardens surrounding the Latchstring, 1/2-mile, handicapped accessible. (click for trail description)
Future trails anticipated at/near Savoy include:
- Needle's Eye Trail to the top of the south rim, 1-mile.
- Buckhorn Trail connecting Iron Creek Trail to Rimrock Trail, 5-miles.
Little Spearfish Canyon Trails (near Savoy on FDR 222) (click for trail description):
- Rimrock Trails, loop
- Lower Loop to Rod and Gun Campground, 3.5-miles, steep slope, natural tread.
- Upper Loop to Timon Campground, 4.5-miles, steep slope, natural tread. This Loop connects to Old Baldy Trail on FDR 134.
- Little Spearfish Trail to creek and rim, gradual slope, natural tread.